IT Helps Small Businesses Enact Big Ideas
Good client service is crucial to success in company; there’s absolutely nothing modern about helping consumers get precisely what they need. However technology can make the process much easier and more effective.
For many small companies, purchasing information technology (IT) can pay dividends in more methods than one. Not just can innovation assistance companies develop a business identity and lower the expense of working, it can also assist level the playing field.
The Dell/National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Small Business Quality Award, established in 2004, honors small companies that instill the spirit of development and apply IT to enhance the client experience.
Believe huge, win huge
The winner will get $30,000 in innovation and professional services from Dell; a Day with Dell program with Dell executives, including Michael Dell, to share best company practices; a lifetime membership to NFIB; and other rewards. Nine other business will get a Dell Latitude notebook and an one-year membership to NFIB. The finalists for the 2006 award are:
• • AMAD Logistics, a worldwide freight forwarder and logistics company.
• • DataCert Inc., a fast-growing provider of electronic invoicing and business legal spend-management solutions.
• • Errand Solutions, which offers tailored errand-running and concierge services as a worker advantage and client connection improvement to healthcare, hospitality, home and corporate companies.
• • Harrison’s Roof Truss, L.L.C., a manufacturer of crafted wooden roof and flooring trusses.
• • Micro Innovation Services Inc., which develops and makes electronic products.
• • National Association of System Administrators Inc., supplies a 24-hour, Web-based consumer portal through which clients can track service calls and on-site parts storage.
• • Ntelicor L.P., an information-technology consulting and staffing company.
• • Pipal Research study Corp., a team of strategists and investment bankers who supply research and analytical services.
• • Stitch Exactly what? Inc., a theatrical drape manufacturer and custom sewing service.
• • TRS Professionals Inc., a multidisciplinary engineering and building and construction management firm.